Resolute

December 31, 2007 - 11:00 p.m. New Mommy announces to the room that her new year's resolution is to stop swearing. I've sworn like a sailor since college, but dread having to report Baby C's first word with asterisks, so have decided to clean up my act.

December 31, 2007 - 11:59 p.m. "The ball is dropping!" my husband called from the next room. "5...4...3...2...1... Happy New Year!" Clink, clink and kisses all around.

January 1, 2008 - 12:00 a.m. "Remember 8 years ago?" someone asked. "Yeah, we were all afraid of Y2K," someone chuckled. "We were in Boston," I said, looking at Greg. "Freezing our as*es off."

As soon as the word was out of my mouth, I realized my error. "Oh, no! Oh, NO!!!"

Ron checked his watch. "Well, you made it to 12:01," he offered.

Happy New Year, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee. I'll have to tell my hubs he made the blog!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Comment here!